Monday, May 26, 2008

The Vaccine Book: Making the Right Decision for Your Child by Dr. Robert Sears


As a mother, I sometimes feel overwhelmed with all of the decisions I make as a parent on a daily basis. It is so hard to make the best decisions for your children and you just want them to be happy and healthy. Choosing whether/and how to vaccinate your kids is no easy decision. There is so much biased literature out there and the debate can be very heated. The possible (unproven) risk of autism connected to vaccinating is scary to me. So I chose to read this book because it is written by a well-known doctor, Dr. Sears, and he is neither anti- or pro-vaccination. He describes each vaccine, what it's made of, how it's made, the risks and side effects of it, and much more. He lays out all of the options in a clear, way that any parent could understand. The book also includes 2 alternative vaccination schedules. After reading the book, I have a good idea of which vaccines I want to have administered to my children and when. I now understand which vaccines should not be given together also. This is a book I would recommend to any parent who is struggling with decisions regarding vaccinations. 5 stars.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi fellow library thinger, Ive tagged you with a meme come see me if you want to play along at www.bookroomreview.wordpress.com tracy:)

Lisa said...

You've been tagged to create an author meme. The rules can be found on my blog, http://aliveontheshelves.blogspot.com/2008/06/tag-im-it.html. Come join the fun!