Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Other Boleyn Girl


The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory

I loved this book! This has to have been one of the best books I've ever read. I seriously could have read another 600+ pages about this family. I am so fascinated by everything that went on during this time period and all the intricacies in the relationships. I loved that the book was written in a more modern language, less flowery then most historical fiction. I could not put it down. I was not very familiar with this time period and I couldn't remember my history well enough to remember what happened to Anne Boleyn. So the ending was a surprise to me. I am now starved to read more of Gregory's historical fiction novels. 5 stars!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also loved this book when I read it. I've started a couple more in the 'series' but had trouble getting into them.. but I will try again one day.

Pressure Washing Rock Hill said...

Grateful for sharing this post