Sunday, June 1, 2008

Author Meme

I was tagged by Lisa over on Alive on The Shelves for an Author Meme!

1. Who’s your all-time favorite author, and why?

This is really hard for me. My favorite books in the past have been chicklit, although I'm trying to branch out more. And most of those authors that I like a lot only write one or two books. So it's really hard to pick just one! I like Meg Cabot, Jennifer Crusie, Sophie Kinsella, Emily Giffin, Jane Green, Marian Keyes, Philippa Gregory, Sarah Mlynowski, Wendy Markham, Anne Rice and Alexandra Ripley. I guess out of that "short list" (ha ha) my favorite is Sophie Kinsella. Her books are such funny, light reads. I really enjoy them.

2. Who was your first favorite author, and why?

My first favorite author was Lucy Maud Montgomery who wrote the Anne of Greene Gables books. I loved those so much as a little girl.

3. Who’s the most recent addition to your list of favorite authors, and why?

My most recent addition would be Philippa Gregory. I have only read 2 of her books so far but there are 3 more that I'm dying to read when I have time.

4. If someone asked you who your favorite authors were right now, which authors would first pop out of your mouth? Are there any you’d add on a moment of further reflection?

I guess, see my list in #1. With some of those on my list, I went through a phase where I read all of their books and no others. I loved those books so much. And while I haven't read them since, I still remember the stories fondly and consider that author one of my favorites.


5. Tagged: I can't find anyone else to tag! If you haven't done the author meme yourself, consider yourself tagged by me!

No comments: