Friday, May 2, 2008

What is this Librarything?


I found Librarything.com off a link on someone else's blog. It's a very cool site to keep track of the books your reading or have read and find new books to read. I love to read, so much so that I never remember what I have read. So this site is a godsend to me. Now I can keep track of my books. I don't have as much time to read as I used to (sans kids), but I'm going to join the 50 book challenge and try to read 50 books in a year. I honestly don't know if this will be easy or hard as I have no idea how many books I usually read in a year. I think it will be close. There are some readers that read over 100 books a year, so 50 sounds like a nice even number. Wish me luck on that!
I also am an "Early Reviewer" on their site. Members of the Early Reviewer group on Librarything sign up for advance copies of new books from publishers. I signed up for and received an advance copy of No Place Like Here by Cecilia Ahern and it was a good read. You don't always get chosen to read and review a book, because they only have a certain number of ER copies and many more requests, but you can sign up every month and hopefully get chosen. The January early reviewer books will be posted soon, so I'm hoping to be chosen to get another ER book.If you want to see my Librarything library, click on the books on the right. If anyone else joins Librarything, let me know and I'll add you to my friend list.

No comments: