Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Yoga Zoo Adventure



The Yoga Zoo Adventure: Animal Poses and Games for Little Kids (SmartFun Activity Books by Helen Purperhart

This is such a neat book! My children are still too young (2 and 9 months) for these games and yoga in general, but I really look forward to using this book with them when they are a little older. As an actor and college graduate with a degree in children's theatre, I think this book would be ideal for teaching children creative movement and drama. It inspires me to one day want to use this book to teach such a class. I find the games and yoga very similar to classes I took as a young adult and college student. These games help a student to pay attention to all of their senses and how to use their body as an acting instrument (not to mention, it's great exercise for kids!). I think this is such a good book with so many different games and activities that teach a child creative movement, help them learn about animals and help them learn to use their imagination and pretend. I would recommend it highly to anyone looking for games to play with their children that are innovative and creative. 4 stars.

No comments: