Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Tuesday Thingers


Tuesaday Thingers is a group of Librarything Early Reviewers that have book blogs. We have a webring (see booksandblogs link on the right). We are also doing a weekly question that we all will answer on our blogs.

Today's Tuesday Thingers question is:

Why LT? Why did you choose to open and maintain an LT account? Do you/did you use other online cataloging/social networking sites, like GoodReads or Shelfari? Do you use more than one? Are they different or do they serve different purposes?

I chose Librarything after I saw the link on someone else's blog. I had never catalogued my books before. I thought the task would be too daunting, too difficult. But once I found LT, I saw how easy it was. I really enjoy keeping track of what I have read. It makes me feel a sense of accomplishment to keep up with how many (and which) books I've read. Because I'd never kept track of them before, in the past I would find myself buying and start reading a book, only to realize that I've read that book before. Now I don't have that problem. I loved how I could read reviews of books and see what other books might interest me. I haven't ever used any other cataloguing site so I am not familiar with those at all.

No comments: