Sunday, October 5, 2008

Schooled


Schooled by Anisha Lakhani is the story of Anna Taggert, a fresh-out-of-Columbia-University teacher who begins teaching at an elite Manhattan private school and finds herself thrown into the world of spoiled rich kids and their parents willing to do anything to get their child an A. Due to the low salary she receives, Anna starts to tutor students on the side and gets caught up in the perks the extra money and popularity with her students provide. Soon she is overcome with guilt that she is letting her students get away with not really learning or doing their own work and she faces a dilemma over whether to continue tutoring or go back to her first love, teaching. I waited to receive this ARC for over 2 months so I was very excited to finally read it. It did not disappoint. I really loved this book! It was fresh, interesting, and I couldn't put it down. I enjoyed all the references to fashionable brands and pop culture. Overall it was a very cute story. I really look forward to reading more books by Lakhani. 5 stars!

1 comment:

Good Books to Read said...

I love your writing style.