Sunday, October 5, 2008

Keeping Faith

Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult is the story of Faith White, a 7 year old daughter whose parents are in the process of divorcing and who, though raised in a non-religious family, is now hearing and seeing visions of God, performing miracles, and experiencing stigmata. It is an intriguing story that makes the character's and the reader question what their religious beliefs are and what is the truth. The mother-daughter relationships in the book are very real and complicated like they are in real life. I really enjoyed the book, although I did find that it was a little slow moving in parts. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys Picoult's work or who finds themselves questioning truth in religion and in all aspects of life. 4 stars.

2 comments:

Anna said...

I've read a few Picoult books, but not this one. The story sounds intriguing, particularly the religious aspect. I've added this book to my list!

--Anna
http://diaryofaneccentric.blogspot.com

Nicholas Sparks Books said...

Picoult rules!